lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Prathik Puthran <prathik.puthra...@gmail.com>
Subject Exception while unmarshalling response in SolrJ
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2014 05:46:39 GMT
Hi,

I am using SolrJ client to send request to Solr. But instead of calling
Solr directly SolrJ communicates with my proxy server which in turn calls
Solr and gets the response in javabin format and returns back the response
to the client in the same format. The proxy server is written using play
framework and just sends request to Solr and returns the HTTP response to
client. Below is the exception I get in SolrJ client library when it tries
to unmarshall the javabin response. I'm using Solrj 4.7.0. How can I fix
this?

Exception Stack trace:

*Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer$RemoteSolrException    at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer.request(HttpSolrServer.java:477)
at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer.request(HttpSolrServer.java:199)
at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.QueryRequest.process(QueryRequest.java:90)
at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.query(SolrServer.java:301)    at
com.br.solr.Main.main(Main.java:20)Caused by:
java.lang.NullPointerException    at
org.apache.solr.common.util.JavaBinCodec.readExternString(JavaBinCodec.java:769)
at
org.apache.solr.common.util.JavaBinCodec.readVal(JavaBinCodec.java:192)
at
org.apache.solr.common.util.JavaBinCodec.unmarshal(JavaBinCodec.java:116)
at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.BinaryResponseParser.processResponse(BinaryResponseParser.java:43)
at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer.request(HttpSolrServer.java:475)
... 4 more*