lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: solr4 performance question
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2014 18:21:15 GMT
What do you have for hour _softcommit_ settings in solrconfig.xml? I'm
guessing you're using SolrJ or similar, but the solrconfig settings
will trip a commit as well.

For that matter ,what are all our commit settings in solrconfig.xml,
both hard and soft?

Best,
Erick

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 10:28 AM, Joshi, Shital <Shital.Joshi@gs.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have 10 node Solr Cloud (5 shards, 2 replicas) with 30 GB JVM on 60GB machine and
40 GB of index.
> We're constantly noticing that Solr queries take longer time while update (with commit=false
setting) is in progress. The query which usually takes .5 seconds, take up to 2 minutes while
updates are in progress. And this is not the case with all queries, it is very sporadic behavior.

> Any pointer to nail this issue would be appreciated.
>
> Is there a way to find how much of a query result came from cache? Can we enable any
log settings to start printing what came from cache vs. what was queried?