lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Relevance/Rank
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 00:26:32 GMT
What Shawn said. q=*:* is a "constant score query", i.e. every match
has a score as 1.0.
fq clauses don't contribute to the score. The boosts you're specifying
have absolutely no effect.
Move the fq clause to your main query (q=) to see any effect.
Try adding &debug=all to your query and look at the explanation of how
the score is calculated, I suspect you'll find them all 1.0.

Best,
Erick

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 12:53 PM, EXTERNAL Taminidi Ravi (ETI,
Automotive-Service-Solutions) <external.Ravi.Taminidi@us.bosch.com>
wrote:
> Eric, Below is the query part
>
> select?q=*:*&fq={!join%20from=SKU%20to=SKU%20fromIndex=Collection2}(CatalogName:*Products)&fq=(SKU:204-161)%20OR%20(Name:%22204-161%22)&bq=Name:%22204-161%22^20000
> I am not getting the Name Match record in the first list , I am getting always SKU matching
Record.

> Any help is really appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ravi

are not relevant to filters (fq) clauses at all, where were you trying to add the boost?

> You need to provide significantly more information to get a more helpful answer. You
might review:

> bq:  I am getting confused after going thru different sites.
>
> You're in luck, the Solr Reference Guide
> (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Apache+Solr+Reference+Guide)
> is becoming the collected source of information. Also, here's a sorely-needed set of
up-to-date info:
> http://www.manning.com/grainger/, and Jack Krupansky is publishing an e-book here: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/JackKrupansky
(this is the last link I have, there may be more recent copies).

> Best,
> Erick
>
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 11:49 AM, EXTERNAL Taminidi Ravi (ETI,
> Automotive-Service-Solutions) <external.Ravi.Taminidi@us.bosch.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi  I am looking boosting to help if I can achieve the Rank equal to MS SQL Server.
>>
>> I have a query something like
>>
>> &fq=(SKU:123-87458) OR  Name:" 123-87458"
>>
>> I need to get the Exact Match as first in the results, In this case SKU. But also
I can change to display Name in the List which is not exact match but match , the value can
be find some where in the Name?

>> In Simple I can Rank SKU as 1 and Name as 2 for some customer and some customer Rank
Name as 1 and SKU as 2 in the results.

>> Is this Possible , I tried Boosting but that it seems it is for Text, correct me
if I am wrong on understanding and any example will be really appreciated. I am getting confused