lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What's the actual story with new morphline and hadoop contribs?
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 03:01:29 GMT
The use case I keep thinking about is Flue/Morphline replacing
DataImportHandler. So, when I saw morphline shipped with Solr, I tried
to understand whether it is a step towards it.

As it is, I am still not sure I understand why those jars are shipped
with Solr, if it is not actually integrating into Solr.

Regards,
   Alex.
Current project: http://www.solr-start.com/ - Accelerating your Solr proficiency

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 8:36 PM, Wolfgang Hoschek <whoschek@cloudera.com> wrote:
> Currently all Solr morphline use cases I’m aware of run in processes outside of the
Solr JVM, e.g. in Flume, in MapReduce, in HBase Lily Indexer, etc. These ingestion processes
generate Solr documents for Solr updates. Running in external processes is done to improve
scalability, reliability, flexibility and reusability. Not everything needs to run inside
of the Solr JVM.

> We haven’t found a use case for it so far, but it would be easy to add an UpdateRequestProcessor
that runs a morphline inside of the Solr JVM.