lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat creates a thread for each SOLR core
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 07:27:49 GMT
On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 2:14 PM, Atanas Atanasov <atanasovit@gmail.com> wrote:
> SEVERE: null:ClientAbortException:  java.net.SocketException: Software
> caused connection abort: socket write error

Separate issue, but most likely the client closed the browser and the
server had nowhere to send the respond too. So, it complaint. Happens
if your serving process is too slow.

The other one might be the same or might be different. The server
sends headers and expects the body to follow. Then, during processing
of the body, an error occurs. The server changes its mind and wants to
send an error (e.g. HTTP 500 instead of HTTP 200), but it's too late.
The headers were already sent out. So, it complains to the log file
instead. The real question is not this exception, but the internal
error that caused the server to change its mind.

I would concentrate on speed first and see if these problems go away.

Regards,
   Alex.

Current project: http://www.solr-start.com/ - Accelerating your Solr proficiency