lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Utkarsh Sengar <utkarsh2...@gmail.com>
Subject Investigating performance issues in solr cloud
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2014 23:30:09 GMT
I see sudden drop in throughput once every 3-4 days. The "downtime" is for
about 2-6minutes and things stabilize after that.

But I am not sure what is causing it the problem.

I have 3 shards with 20GB of data on each shard.
Solr dashboard: http://i.imgur.com/6RWT2Dj.png
Newrelic graphs when during the downtime of about 4hours:
http://i.imgur.com/9vhKiB2.png
JVM memory graph says its normal: http://i.imgur.com/pAycgdC.png

I thought it was GC pauses but it should be in the newrelic logs.

How can I go about investigating this problem? I am running solr 4.4.0, I
don't see a strong reason to upgrade yet.

--
Thanks,
-Utkarsh