lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@heliosearch.com>
Subject Re: Filter query with multiple raw/literal ORs
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 21:37:56 GMT
On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 5:28 PM, Mikhail Khludnev
<mkhludnev@griddynamics.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 4:08 AM, Yonik Seeley <yonik@heliosearch.com> wrote:
>
>> Try adding a space before the first term, so the
>> default lucene query parser will be used:
>>

> Yonik, I'm curious, whether it a feature?

Yep, it was completely on purpose that I required local parameters to
be left-justified.  It left an easy way to "escape" the normal local
params processing when looking for the query type.

For example, if you want to ensure that your custom parser is used,
and you have defType=myCustomQParser
then all you have to do is add a space before the query parameter
(which shouldn't mess up any sort of natural language query parser).

-Yonik
http://heliosearch.org - solve Solr GC pauses with off-heap filters
and fieldcache