lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Vinay Pothnis <poth...@gmail.com>
Subject deleting large amount data from solr cloud
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 01:25:58 GMT
[solr version 4.3.1]

Hello,

I have a solr cloud (4 nodes - 2 shards) with a fairly large amount
documents (~360G of index per shard). Now, a major portion of the data is
not required and I need to delete those documents. I would need to delete
around 75% of the data.

One of the solutions could be to drop the index completely re-index. But
this is not an option at the moment.

When we tried to delete the data through a query - say 1 day/month's worth
of data. But after deleting just 1 month's worth of data, the master node
is going out of memory - heap space.

Wondering is there any way to incrementally delete the data without
affecting the cluster adversely.

Thank!
Vinay