lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From John Nielsen ...@mcb.dk>
Subject Strange relevance scoring
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2014 09:03:00 GMT
Hi,

We are seeing a strange phenomenon with our Solr setup which I have been
unable to answer.

My Google-fu is clearly not up to the task, so I am trying here.

It appears that if i do a freetext search for a single word, say "modellering"
on a text field, the scoring is massively boosted if the first word of the
text field is a hit.

For instance if there is only one occurrence of the word "modellering" in
the text field and that occurrence is the first word of the text, then that
document gets a higher relevancy than if the word "modelling" occurs 5
times in the text and the first word of the text is any other word.

Is this normal behavior? Is special attention paid to the first word in a
text field? I would think that the latter case would get the highest score.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

*John Nielsen*
Programmer