lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@openindex.io>
Subject Re: Boost Search results
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2014 20:02:45 GMT
Hi, replicating full features search engine behaviour is not going to work with nutch and solr
out of the box. You are missing a thousand features such as proper main content extraction,
deduplication, classification of content and hub or link pages, and much more. These things
are possible to implement but you may want to start with having you solr request handler better
configured, to begin with, your qf parameter does not have nutchs default title and content
field selected.

A Laxmi <a.lakshmi458@gmail.com> schreef:Hi,

When I started to compare the search results with the two options below, I
see a lot of difference in the search results esp. the* urls that show up
on the top *(*Relevancy *perspective).

(1) Nutch 2.2.1 (with *Solr 4.0*)
(2) Bing custom search set-up

I wonder how should I tweak the boost parameters to get the best results on
the top like how Bing, Google does.

Please suggest why I see a difference and what parameters are best to
configure in Solr to achieve what I see from Bing, or Google search
relevancy.

Here is what i got in solrconfig.xml:

<str name="defType">edismax</str>
       <str name="qf">
         text^0.5 features^1.0 name^1.2 sku^1.5 id^10.0 manu^1.1 cat^1.4
       </str>
       <str name="q.alt">*:*</str>
       <str name="rows">10</str>
       <str name="fl">*,score</str>