lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: 'qt' parameter is not working in search call of SolrPhpClient
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2014 07:11:51 GMT
On 4/20/2014 10:50 PM, harshrossi wrote:
> Yes I know but I am using SolrPhpClient API where by default the search()
> function access the '/select' request handler. So I used the 'qt' parameter
> to access '/select_test' as given in this link:
>
> Non-Default Request Handler
> <http://code.google.com/p/solr-php-client/wiki/FAQ#How_Do_I_Use_A_Non-Default_Request_Handler?>

> I have used the 'qt' as mentioned in the link but still it points to the
> default '/select'.
>
> Any suggestions?

In order for qt to work for selecting a handler, you must enable
handleSelect on the requestDispatcher config.  This is no longer
recommended, because you can access *any* request handler this way,
including the /update handler.  This means that the qt parameter can
defeat any security that has been placed in front of Solr to prevent
changing the index.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrRequestHandler#Old_handleSelect.3Dtrue_Resolution_.28qt_param.29

Thanks,
Shawn