lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: lost in solr new core architecture
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2014 07:30:18 GMT
On 4/12/2014 12:27 AM, Aman Tandon wrote:
> HI,
>
> Currently i am using solr 4.2 with tomcat right now i am stucked because i
> don't know how to upgrade to solr 4.7, because the problem for me is that i
> am familiar with the cores architecture of solr 4.2 in which we defined the
> every core name as well as instanceDir but not with solr 4.7.
> Any help will be appreciated, thanks

Solr 4.7 will use the solr.xml from a 4.2 install with no problem.  I
just upgraded one copy of my index from 4.2.1 to 4.7.1 without changing
my solr.xml.  There is no need to switch to the new format until 5.0
gets released, which is NOT going to happen soon.

If you use contrib or third party jars, you may need to be aware of
SOLR-4852.

If you do switch to the new solr.xml format, the instanceDir for each
core is the directory where the core.properties file is found.  It does
not need to be specified anywhere -- it will be discovered.

Thanks,
Shawn