lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: deleting large amount data from solr cloud
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 22:28:42 GMT
On 4/10/2014 7:25 PM, Vinay Pothnis wrote:
> When we tried to delete the data through a query - say 1 day/month's worth
> of data. But after deleting just 1 month's worth of data, the master node
> is going out of memory - heap space.
>
> Wondering is there any way to incrementally delete the data without
> affecting the cluster adversely.

I'm curious about the actual query being used here.  Can you share it,
or a redacted version of it?  Perhaps there might be a clue there?

Is this a fully distributed delete request?  One thing you might try,
assuming Solr even supports it, is sending the same delete request
directly to each shard core with distrib=false.

Here's a very incomplete list about how you can reduce Solr heap
requirements:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPerformanceProblems#Reducing_heap_requirements

Thanks,
Shawn