lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Solr Admin core status - Index is not "Current"
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 18:11:46 GMT
On 4/10/2014 2:50 PM, Chris W wrote:
> Hi there
>
>    I am using solrcloud (4.3). I am trying to get the status of a core from
> solr using (localhost:8000/solr/admin/cores?action=STATUS&core=<core>) and
> i get the following output
>
> <int name="numDocs">100</int>
> <int name="maxDoc">102</int>
> <int name="deletedDocs">2</int>
> <long name="version">20527</long>
> <int name="segmentCount">20</int>
> *<bool name="current">false</bool>*
>
> What does current mean? A few of the cores are optimized (with segment
> count 1) and show current = "true" and rest show current as false.
>
> If i have to make the core as current, what should i do? Is it a big alarm
> if the value is false?

This basically means that Lucene has detected an index state where
something has made changes to the index, but those changes are not yet
visible.  To make them visible and return this status to 'true', do a
commit or soft commit with openSearcher enabled.

http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_7_0/core/org/apache/lucene/index/DirectoryReader.html#isCurrent%28%29

Thanks,
Shawn