lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Does sorting skip everything having to do with relevancy?
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 20:02:22 GMT
On 4/4/2014 1:48 PM, Alvaro Cabrerizo wrote:
> If you dont want to waste your cpu time, then comment the boost parameter
> in the query parser defined in your solrconfig.xml. If you cant do that,
> then you can overwrite it sending the boost parameter for example using the
> constant function  (e.g.  http://..../...&boost=1&sort=your_sort). The
> parameter boost will be overwritten if it is not defined as an invariant.

Thank you for responding.  I know how I can override the behavior, what
I want to find out is whether or not it's necessary to do so -- if it's
not necessary because Solr skips it, then everything is good.  If it is
necessary, I can open an issue in Jira asking for Solr to get smarter.
That way everyone benefits and they don't have to do anything except
upgrade Solr.

Thanks,
Shawn