lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Niranjan <niranjan.kum...@wipro.com>
Subject multi word search for elevator (QueryElevationComponent) not working
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2014 13:19:35 GMT
Hi All,

I have implemented a sponsor search where I have to elevate a particular
document for a specific query text.

To achieve this I have made the following changes (solr version:4.7.1):

1) Changes in solrConfig.xml

<searchComponent name="elevator" class="solr.QueryElevationComponent" >

  <str name="queryFieldType">string</str>
  <str name="config-file">elevate.xml</str>
</searchComponent>

<requestHandler name="/elevate" class="solr.SearchHandler" startup="lazy">
  <lst name="defaults">
    <str name="echoParams">explicit</str>
  </lst>
  <arr name="last-components">
    <str>elevator</str>
  </arr>
</requestHandler>

2)added the required doc id in elevate.xml

<query text="ipod">
	<doc id="USD" />
	<doc id="sponsor12" />
   <doc id="MA147LL/A" />
   <doc id="IW-02" exclude="true" />
 </query>

I am able to fetch the proper elevated result for query text "ipod" but the
problem is that when I am trying
to search for "apple ipod" (multi word) the documents are not getting
elevated,although my query contains the term "ipod".

What is the proper way to configure the ElevationComponent so that it works
for both singleword query as "ipod" as well as multi word query "apple
ipod"?

Thanks in advance!!!
Niranjan