lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From zzT <zis....@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Where to specify numShards when startup up a cloud setup
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 10:06:36 GMT
It seems that I've figured out a "configuration approach" to this issue.

I'm having the exact same issue and the only viable solutions found on the
net till now are
1) Pass -DnumShards=x when starting up Solr server
2) Use the Collections API as indicated by Shawn.

What I've noticed though - after making the call to /collections to create a
node solr.xml - is that a new <core> entry is added inside solr.xml with the
attribute "numShards".

So, right now I'm configuring solr.xml with numShards attribute inside my
<core> nodes. This way I don't have to worry with annoying stuff you've
already mentioned e.g. waiting for Solr to start up etc.

Of course same logic applies here, numShards param is meanigful only the
first time. Even if you change it at a later point the # of shards stays the
same.