lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Greg Walters <greg.walt...@answers.com>
Subject Re: Logging which client connected to Solr
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 14:07:01 GMT
We do something similar and include the server's hostname in solr's response. To accomplish
this you'll have to write a class that extends org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter
and put your custom class in place as the SolrRequestFilter in solr's web.xml.

Thanks,
Greg

On Mar 27, 2014, at 8:59 AM, Juha Haaga <juha.haaga@codenomicon.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I’m investigating the possibility of logging the username of the client who did the
search on Solr along with the normal logging information. The username is in the basic auth
headers of the request, and the access control is managed by an Apache instance proxying to
Solr. Is there a way to append that information to the Solr query log, so that the log would
look like this:

> INFO  - 2014-03-27 11:16:24.000; org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore; [generic] webapp=/solr
path=/select params={lots of params} hits=0 status=0 QTime=49 username=juha

> I need to log both username and the query, and if I do it directly in Apache then I lose
the information about amount of hits and the query time. If I log it with Solr then I get
query time and hits, but no username. Username logging is higher priority requirement than
the hits and query time, but I’m looking for solution that covers both cases.

> Has anyone implemented this kind of logging scheme, and how would I accomplish this?
I couldn’t find this as a configuration option.