lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Axis12 <d...@axistwelve.com>
Subject Re: Elevation and core create
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2014 21:07:38 GMT
Hi Erick

The patch is in progress. Looking at the code I can't figure out why this restriction was
added I'll create a jira issue and post.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Sent from my iPhone

> On 5 Mar 2014, at 20:36, Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Well, if you're going to go that route, how about developing
> a patch for QEV? Of course there may be a very good reason
> it wasn't done there, I haven't looked at the code....
>
> Best,
> Erick
>
>> On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 1:07 PM, David Stuart <dave@axistwelve.com> wrote:
>> HI Erick,
>>
>> Thanks for the response.
>> On the wiki it states
>>
>> config-file
>> Path to the file that defines query elevation. This file must exist in $<instanceDir>/conf/<config-file>
or$<dataDir>/<config-file>.

>> If the file exists in the /conf/ directory it will be loaded once at startup. If
it exists in the data directory, it will be reloaded for each IndexReader.

>> Which is the elevate.xml. So looks like I will go down the custom coding route.
>>
>> Regards,
>>

>> David Stuart
>> M  +44(0) 778 854 2157
>> T   +44(0) 845 519 5465
>> www.axistwelve.com
>> Axis12 Ltd | The Ivories | 6/18 Northampton Street, London | N1 2HY | UK
>>
>> AXIS12 - Enterprise Web Solutions
>>
>> Reg Company No. 7215135
>> VAT No. 997 4801 60
>>
>> This e-mail is strictly confidential and intended solely for the ordinary user of
the e-mail account to which it is addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please
inform Axis12 immediately by return e-mail or telephone. We advise that in keeping with good
computing practice the recipient of this e-mail should ensure that it is virus free. We do
not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of this email
or its contents.

>>> On 2 Mar 2014, at 18:07, Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hmmm, you _ought_ to be able to specify a relative path
>>> in <str name="confFiles">solrconfig_slave.xml:solrconfig.xml,x.xml,y.xml</str>
>>>
>>> But there's certainly the chance that this is hard-coded in
>>> the query elevation component so I can't say that this'll work
>>> with assurance.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Erick

I posted in the wrong place.

a custom elevate file. It is proving to be difficult as most of the file (schema, stop words
etc) support absolute path elevate seems to need to be in either a conf directory as a sibling
to data or in the data directory itself. I am able to achieve my goal by having a secondary
process that places the file but thought I would as the group just in case I have missed the
obvious. Should I move to Solr 4 is it fixed here? I could also go down the root of extending
the SolrCore create function to accept additional params and move the file into the defined
data directory.