lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: How to apply Semantic Search in Solr
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2014 12:55:17 GMT
You will need to implement a sematic/text classification/categorization
algorithm and annotate each document with additional fields for the
categories before presenting it to Solr.

For a couple of examples, see:
http://www.slideshare.net/lucenerevolution/text-classification-with-lucenesolr-apache-hadoop-and-libsvm
http://www.slideshare.net/teofili/text-categorization-with-lucene-and-solr

Or google for "text classification" or "text categorization" and "solr".

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Sohan Kalsariya
Sent: Saturday, March 8, 2014 4:27 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: How to apply Semantic Search in Solr

Hello,

I am working on an event listing and promotions website(
http://allevents.in) and I want to apply semantic search on solr.
For example, if someone search :

"Musical Events in New York"
So it would give me results such as :

     * Musical Night at ABC place
     * Concerts Events
     * Classical Music Event
I mean all results should be Semantic to the Search_Query it should not
give the results only based on "tf-idf". So can you please make me
understand how do i proceed to apply Semantic Search in Solr. (
allevents.in)

--
Regards,
*Sohan Kalsariya*