lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Veera Raghavan <veera.raghavan...@gmail.com>
Subject Solr Cores going down in Solrcloud 4.3.1
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2014 19:24:23 GMT
Hi there

  I have a 6 node solrcloud cluster with 50 collections. All collections
are sharded across all the 6 nodes. I am seeing a weird behavior where both
the replicas for a  shard go to down to go to a "recovering" state and
never come back (No specific corelation to writes or reads).

 I manually am unloading and recreating the cores to band aid the problem

In the solr logs I see this..

org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter; [admin] webapp=null
path=/admin/cores
params={coreNodeName=<ip>:8983_solr_testcollection_shard1_replica1&state=recovering&nodeName=<ip>:8983_solr&action=PREPRECOVERY&checkLive=true&core=solr_testcollection_shard1_replica2&wt=javabin&onlyIfLeader=true&version=2}
status=0 QTime=99

Have any of you seen this issue before? Is it a known bug that can be fixed
with an upgrade? Should i increase the zookeeper timeout may be?

Any pointers are much appreciated
Thanks
Veera