lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Enabling other SimpleText formats besides postings
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2014 14:24:11 GMT
You told the fieldType to use SimpleText only for the postings, not
all other parts of the codec (doc values, live docs, stored fields,
etc...), and so it used the default codec for those components.

If instead you used the SimpleTextCodec (not sure how to specify this
in Solr's schema.xml) then all components would be SimpleText.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 8:53 AM, Ken Krugler
<kkrugler_lists@transpac.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been using the SimpleTextCodec in the past, but I just noticed something odd...
>
> I'm running Solr 4.3, and enable the SimpleText posting format via something like:
>
>     <fieldType name="date" class="solr.DateField" postingsFormat="SimpleText" />
>
> The resulting index does have the expected _0_SimpleText_0.pst text output, but I just
noticed that the other files are all the standard binary format (e.g. .fdt for field data)

> Based on SimpleTextCodec.java, I was assuming that I'd get the SimpleTextStoredFieldsFormat
for stored data.

> This same holds true for most (all?) of the other files, e.g. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-3074
is about adding a simple text format for DocValues.