lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Software Dev <static.void....@gmail.com>
Subject Help me understand these newrelic graphs
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2014 19:18:26 GMT
Here are some screen shots of our Solr Cloud cluster via Newrelic

http://postimg.org/gallery/2hyzyeyc/

We currently have a 5 node cluster and all indexing is done on separate
machines and shipped over. Our machines are running on SSD's with 18G of
ram (Index size is 8G). We only have 1 shard at the moment with replicas on
all 5 machines. I'm guessing thats a bit of a waste?

How come when we do our bulk updating the response time actually decreases?
I would think the load would be higher therefor response time should be
higher. Any way I can decrease the response time?

Thanks