lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris W <chris1980....@gmail.com>
Subject Zookeeper latencies and pending requests - Solr 4.3
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2014 22:57:52 GMT
Hi

  I have a 3 node zk ensemble . I see a very high latency for zk responses
and also a lot of outstanding requests (in the order of 30-40)

I also see that the requests are not going to all zookeeper nodes equally.
One node has more requests/connections than the others. I see that CPU/Mem
and disk usage limits are very normal (under 30% cpu, disk reads in the
order of kb, jvm size is 2 Gb but it hasnt even reached 30% usage). The
size of data in zk is around 50MB

I also see a few zk timeout for solrcloud nodes causing them to be shown as
"dead" in the cloud view. I have increased the connection timeout to around
3 minutes and still the same issue seems to be happening

How do i make zk respond faster to requests and where does zk usually spend
time while dealing with incoming requests?

Any pointers on how to move forward will be great

--
Best