lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Harish Agarwal <harish.agar...@gmail.com>
Subject Memory + WeakIdentityMap
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 00:54:21 GMT
I'm transitioning my index from a 3.x version to >4.6.  I'm running a large
heap (20G), primarily to accomodate a large facet cache (~5G), but have
been able to run it on 3.x stably.

On 4.6.0 after stress testing I'm finding that all of my shards are
spending all of their time in GC.  After taking a heap dump and analyzing,
it appears that org.apache.lucene.util.WeakIdentityMap is using many Gs of
memory.  Does anyone have any insight into which Solr component(s) use this
and whether this kind of memory consumption is to be expected?

Thank You,
-Harish