lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Philippe Soares <soa...@genomequest.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Solr in Action book release (Solr 4.7)
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 16:04:20 GMT
Thanks Trey !
I just tried to download my copy from my manning account, and this final
version appears only in PDF format.
Any idea about when they'll release the other formats ?

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 11:17 AM, Trey Grainger <solrtrey@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm excited to announce the final print release of *Solr in Action*, the
> newest Solr book by Manning publications covering through Solr 4.7 (the
> current version). The book is available for immediate purchase in print and
> ebook formats, and the *outline*, some *free chapters* as well as the *full
> source code are also available* at http://solrinaction.com.
>
> I would love it if you would check the book out, and I would also
> appreciate your feedback on it, especially if you find the book to be a
> useful guide as you are working with Solr! Timothy Potter and I (Trey
> Grainger) worked tirelessly on the book for nearly 2 years to bring you a
> thorough (664 pg.) and fantastic example-driven guide to the best Solr has
> to offer.
>
> *Solr in Action* is intentionally designed to be a learning guide as
> opposed to a reference manual. It builds from an initial introduction to
> Solr all the way to advanced topics such as implementing a predictive
> search experience, writing your own Solr plugins for function queries and
> multilingual text analysis, using Solr for big data analytics, and even
> building your own Solr-based recommendation engine. The book uses fun
> real-world examples, including analyzing the text of tweets, searching and
> faceting on restaurants, grouping similar items in an ecommerce
> application, highlighting interesting keywords in UFO sighting reports, and
> even building a personalized job search experience.
>
> For a more detailed write-up about the book and it's contents, you can also
> visit the Solr homepage at
> https://lucene.apache.org/solr/books.html#solr-in-action. Thanks in
> advance
> for checking it out, and I really hope many of you find the book to be
> personally useful!
>
> All the best,
>
> Trey Grainger
> Co-author,
> *Solr in Action*Director of Engineering, Search & Analytics @CareerBuilder

This email message and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify GenomeQuest immediately by
replying to this message or by sending an email to postmaster@genomequest.com
and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments without reading or
disclosing their contents. Thank you.