lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: SOLR Cloud 4.6 - PERFORMANCE WARNING: Overlapping onDeckSearchers=2
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2014 19:27:56 GMT
On 3/28/2014 1:03 PM, Rishi Easwaran wrote:
> I thought auto soft commit was for NRT search (shouldn't it be optimized for search performance),
if i have to wait 10 mins how is it NRT? or am I missing something?

You are correct, but once a second is REALLY often.  If the rest of your
config is not set up properly, that's far too frequent.  With commits
happening once a second, they must complete in less than a second, and
that can be difficult to achieve.

A typical extreme NRT config requires small (or disabled) Solr caches,
no cache autowarming, and enough free RAM (not allocated to programs) to
cache all of the index data on the server.  If the index is very big, it
may not be possible to get the commit time below one second, so you may
need to go with something like 10 to 60 seconds.

Thanks,
Shawn