lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ahmet Arslan <iori...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Wildcard search not working if the query contains numbers along with special characters.
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2014 21:30:47 GMT

Hi,

Forget about patternReplaceCharFilter for a moment. Your example is more clear this time.

q=titleName:1999/99*

should return following two docs:

d1) JULIUS CAESER (1999/99)

d2) ARABIAN NIGHTS - 1999/99

This is achievable with the following type.

1) MappingCharFilterFactory with mappings.txt

"(" => ""
")" => ""

2) WhiteSpaceTokenizerFactory
3) LowercaseFilterFactory

I dont understand your sentence : "i will never be able to specifically search the title i
want as 1999/99."
But please try / test above. I also suggest you to use prefix query parser.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Other+Parsers#OtherParsers-PrefixQueryParser

Ahmet