lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From soodyogesh <soodyog...@gmail.com>
Subject Schema Design:Multiple document vs less number of document with large number of values in multivalue field
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2014 12:07:41 GMT
Hi,

I would like to know when designing index which approach is better,

Approach-1
Large number of documents (100 Million +) with 5-10 values per document for
one Multi value field

Approach-2
Less number of documents with 50-100 values per document for one multi value
field.

Right now I have approach-1 where I have around 100 million documents and
some group by queries really perform slow. I have freedom to reduce number
of docs and group multiple documents into one and put identifier into multi
value field. As I always search from multivalue field