lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Performance impact using edismax over dismax
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 15:51:17 GMT
Are you using the "pf" parameter to automatically add the quoted phrase? You
can include a boost in pf so that documents with the full phrase rank
higher.

Generally, dismax and edismax should give comparable performance, but some
parameter settings (e.g., pf, pf2, pf3) do add somewhat to query complexity,
albeit in the name of better relevancy.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Srinivasa7
Sent: Thursday, February 6, 2014 9:30 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Performance impact using edismax over dismax

Hi All,

I have a requirement to search a query for entire string in the query
parameter, so I have shifted my query processor to edismax, and sending the
query as  'actual query string'+OR+actual+query+string.

It it returning desired results how ever I am wondering whether there is a
performance impact.

Any thoughts?

Using solr 3.6.2

Thanks