lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Vineet Mishra <clearmido...@gmail.com>
Subject Fault Tolerant Technique of Solr Cloud
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2014 13:05:45 GMT
Hi All,

I want to have clear idea about the Fault Tolerant Capability of SolrCloud

Considering I have setup the SolrCloud with a external Zookeeper, 2 shards,
each having a replica with single collection as given in the official Solr
Documentation.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Getting+Started+with+SolrCloud

                                   *Collection1*
                                     /            \
                                   /                \
                                 /                    \
                               /                        \
                             /                            \
*Shard 1                                                     Shard 2*
localhost:8983                                            localhost:7574
localhost:8900                                            localhost:7500

I Indexed some document and then if I shutdown any of the replica or Leader
say for ex- *localhost:8900*, I can't query to the collection to that
particular port

http:/*/localhost:8900*/solr/collection1/select?q=*:*

Then how is it Fault Tolerant or how the query has to be made.

Regards