lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Indexing multiple files in Lucene Solr
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 07:48:51 GMT
Sure you can,

Use overwrite flag in your update messages, as per
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateXmlMessages
Or have a different key (e.g. signature) nominated as your unique key.

The issue is if you just allow duplicates all together, do you want to
be able to delete a particular single document, even if there several
duplicates of it in the index?

Regards,
   Alex.
at once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD
book)

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 2:27 PM, Anita Nair (UST, IND)
<Anita.Nair@ust-global.com> wrote:
> Hi Solr team,
>

> I am trying to look for a solution for indexing multiple text files with the same unique
key, in Lucene.

> Is there a way to do this?
>
> Saw a posting in the mail archives (below), but I wonder if a solution was given to the
users.

> Kindly respond ,
>
> Anita Nair

with the same id without having the original document overwritten.

> https://www.mail-archive.com/solr-user@lucene.apache.org/msg82647.html
>

> As I was adventuring Lucene Solr, I bumped into the same issue. I would like to know
if you got a solution to it finally. Kindly share the solution.