lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <s...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Weird issue with q.op=AND
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 00:35:39 GMT
On 2/12/2014 4:58 PM, shamik wrote:
> Thanks a lot Shawn. Changing the appends filtering based on your suggestion
> worked. The part which confused me bigtime is the syntax I've been using so
> far without an issue (barring the q.op part).
>

> <lst name="appends">
>       <str name="fq">Source:"TestHelp" | Source:"downloads" |
> -AccessMode:"internal" | -workflowparentid:[* TO *]</str>
> </lst>
>
> This has been working as expected and applies the filter correctly. Just
> curious, if its an invalid syntax, how's Solr handling this ?

Honestly, I can't really say what's going on here.  After I got this, I
tried some example queries like that and they do seem to be parsed
right.  You could try adding turning on debugQuery for the query that
doesn't work and see if you can see what the problem is.  I had never
seen a query syntax with "|" in it before.  The other syntax is a little
more explicit, though.

Thanks,
Shawn