lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Summer Shire <shiresum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Overriding DefaultSimilarity Cast Exception 4.5.1
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2014 03:03:20 GMT
Hi Shawn and Chris,
your inputs Helped I figured it out from all these links and also what Chris mentioned.

Thanks,
Summer

On Jan 27, 2014, at 5:54 PM, Shawn Heisey <solr@elyograg.org> wrote:

> On 1/27/2014 5:41 PM, Summer Shire wrote:
>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: <mypackage>.PayloadSimilarity cannot
be cast to org.apache.lucene.search.similarities.Similarity
>> 	at org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema$1.getSimilarity(IndexSchema.java:929)
>> 	at org.apache.solr.schema.IndexSchema.getSimilarity(IndexSchema.java:257)
>> 	at org.apache.solr.update.SolrIndexConfig.toIndexWriterConfig(SolrIndexConfig.java:219)
>> 	at org.apache.solr.update.SolrIndexWriter.<init>(SolrIndexWriter.java:77)
>> 	at org.apache.solr.update.SolrIndexWriter.create(SolrIndexWriter.java:64)
>> 	at org.apache.solr.update.DefaultSolrCoreState.createMainIndexWriter(DefaultSolrCoreState.java:267)
>> 	at org.apache.solr.update.DefaultSolrCoreState.getIndexWriter(DefaultSolrCoreState.java:110)
>> 	at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.openNewSearcher(SolrCore.java:1440)
>
> I think there must be incorrect versions of jars in unexpected places, or you're not
compiling against the same version of Solr jars as the version you're running, or perhaps
theSolr install you've got has old versions of jars hanging around, either from an old extracted
.war file or elsewhere on the classpath.