lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Borut BolĨina <borut.bolc...@gmail.com>
Subject Copy/backup one core from one cloud 1 to cloud 2
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2014 12:05:06 GMT
Hello,

In solr 4.6.0, what is the recommended way for transferring one core's
index in production cloud to say a staging cloud? I know I can just copy
the data folder, but I am sure there is a smarter and safer way.

I read https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Backing+Up I am
just making sure this is true for solrcloud and I would like to see a
configuration section from solrconfig for replication handler which enables
creating a backup for given core and some more documentation or examples in
general.

A recipe would be great!

Regards,
bob