lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Kranti Parisa <kranti.par...@gmail.com>
Subject Range queries with Grouping is slow?
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 03:26:35 GMT
Is there any known issue with Range queries + grouping?

Case1:
q=id:123&group=true&sort=price
asc&group.field=entityId&group.limit=2&group.ngroups=true

Case2:
q=id:123 AND price:[* TO *]&group=true&sort=price
asc&group.field=entityId&group.limit=2&group.ngroups=true

Index Size:10M/~5GB
After running both queries at least once, I was expecting to hit the query
caches and response should be quick enough, but
Case1: 15-20ms (looks fine)
Case2: 400+ms (this seems constantly >400ms even after the first query)

any thought? if it's a known issue, please point me to the jira link
otherwise I can open an issue if this needs some analysis?

Thanks,
Kranti K. Parisa
http://www.linkedin.com/in/krantiparisa