lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Copying Index
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 14:14:02 GMT
OK, probably this is what's happening: There's no event that causes
the slave to say "Oh, my index is out of date". This assumes (and I
haven't checked) that you have the same number of segments etc.
after the upgrade to 4x format.

So when you update a doc, that registers a "change event" that the
slave recognizes as a changed index and pulls the doc down as part
of a new segment.

So I posit that eventually the entire index will be replicated in the new
format as the segments get merged.

You can probably force this by doing an optimize on the master.

WARNING: This is theoretical, I'm not saying this from deep understanding
of the replication code, but it seems like a good story.

Best,
Erick