lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Susheel Kumar <susheel.ku...@thedigitalgroup.net>
Subject Solr server requirements for 100+ million documents
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2014 18:10:10 GMT
Hi,

Currently we are indexing 10 million document from database (10 db data entities) & index
size is around 8 GB on windows virtual box. Indexing in one shot taking 12+ hours while indexing
parallel in separate cores & merging them together taking 4+ hours.

We are looking to scale to 100+ million documents and looking for recommendation on servers
requirements on below parameters for a Production environment. There can be 200+ users performing
search same time.

No of physical servers (considering solr cloud)
Memory requirement
Processor requirement (# cores)
Linux as OS oppose to windows

Thanks in advance.