lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Michael Sokolov <msoko...@safaribooksonline.com>
Subject Re: Where is a canonical SolrJ example(s)?
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2014 22:35:31 GMT

On 01/28/2014 11:55 AM, Alexandre Rafalovitch wrote:
> As to ESS, like I mentioned, the classpath issue seem to be quite a
> challenge. Again, perhaps not something that shows up during the
> testing because the directory layout during testing is rather
> different from the end-user's layout.

I'm not sure what "the classpath issue" is?  We use ESS in our tests;
it's very nice not to have spin up a separate process in order to run
unit tests that require solr.  To do this, we include the solr and solrj
maven artifacts as dependencies, and everything works.  No classpath
issues.  I wouldn't say the classpath is "minimal" -- I am sure there
are classes, even whole jars, that we could strip out, but is that
really a major concern?

-Mike