lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Avner Levy <av...@checkpoint.com>
Subject Storing ranges on documents and searching all document with specific value included
Date Sat, 18 Jan 2014 06:01:51 GMT
I have millions of documents with the following fields:
name (string), start version (int), end version (int).

I need to query efficiently all records which answers the query:
Select all documents where version >= "start version" and version<="end version"

Running the above query took 50-100 ms while similar query by tagging each version took only
15 ms.
My question is how efficient can Solr handle such queries? (since it isn't classic FTS query)
Do I need to define something special in order to optimize performance?
Any alternate solutions will be welcomed.
The fields values / types can be changed if needed.