lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: shard1 gone missing ...
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2014 16:22:27 GMT

On Jan 31, 2014, at 11:15 AM, David Santamauro <david.santamauro@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 01/31/2014 10:22 AM, Mark Miller wrote:
>
>> I’d also highly recommend you try moving to Solr 4.6.1 when you can though. We
have fixed many, many, many bugs around SolrCloud in the 4 releases since 4.4. You can follow
the progress in the CHANGES file we update for each release.

> Can I do a drop-in replacement of 4.4.0 ?

It should be a drop in replacement. For some that use deep API’s in plugins, sometimes you
might have to make a couple small changes to your code.

Alway best to do a test with a copy of your index, but for most, it should be a drop in replacement.

- Mark

http://about.me/markrmiller