lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Ramos Jardim <alexander.ramos.jar...@gmail.com>
Subject Redis as Solr Cache
Date Sun, 29 Dec 2013 14:35:08 GMT
While researching for Solr Caching options and interesting cases, I bumped
on this https://github.com/dfdeshom/solr-redis-cache. Does anyone has any
experience with this setup? Using Redis as Solr Cache.

I see a lot of advantage in having a distributed cache for solr. One solr
node benefiting from the cache generated on another one would be beautiful.

I see problems too. Performance wise, I don't know if it would be viable
for Solr to write it's cache through the network on Redis Master node.

And what about if I have Solr nodes with different index version looking at
the same cache?

IMO as long as Redis is useful, if it isn't to have a distributed cache, I
think it's not possible to get better performance using it.

--
Alexander Ramos Jardim