lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Tim Potter <tim.pot...@lucidworks.com>
Subject RE: side logging requests
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2013 17:45:12 GMT
You can wire-in a custom UpdateRequestProcessor - http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateRequestProcessor

Timothy Potter
Sr. Software Engineer, LucidWorks
www.lucidworks.com

From: elmerfudd <narpi@012.net.il>
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2013 10:26 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: side logging requests

Hi all,
currently there are 2 things I want to accomplish.
I want that on demend Every doc (xml) that is sent to be indexed in solr
will be copied to a big log file (I want to control when to activate this
feature and when to deactivate)
same as for queries.
Also, I may need to manipulate the data before its written.

Is there any way achieving this without changing solr sourcecode? (So it
won't be affected by updates).

I thought of a possible way,
I posted before about making "transparent" request handler , is it possible
? If so, how?

thankkk you!