lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From David Santamauro <david.santama...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: adding a node to SolrCloud
Date Thu, 26 Dec 2013 19:13:40 GMT

On 12/23/2013 05:43 PM, Greg Preston wrote:
> I believe you can just define multiple cores:
>
> <core default="true" instanceDir="shard1/"
> name="collectionName_shard1" shard="shard1"/>
> <core default="true" instanceDir="shard2/"
> name="collectionName_shard2" shard="shard2"/>
>
> (this is the old style solr.xml.  I don't know how to do it in the newer style)

Yes, that is exactly what I did but somehow, the link between shards and
collections gets lost and everything gets very confused.

I guess I should have read more carefully about the valid parameters on
the <core> element. My problem was a missing attribute:

   @collection="collection-name"

So the complete core definition that survives tomcat restarts:

      <core name="core_shard_1"
            collection="collection-name"
            instanceDir="/solr/instance/dir"
            config="solrconfig-standard.xml"