lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Bryant <daniel.bry...@tai-dev.co.uk>
Subject Re: Searching for document by id in a sharded environment
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2013 19:36:19 GMT
Thanks for your replies Ahmet and Joel!

We have now determined that the exclamation point wasn't the issues, and
our query actually had too many boolean expressions in (more than the
default 1024).

Apologies for any confusion this may have caused - the issue went around
my team like the childhood game of telephone, and the initial problem of
the "too many boolean expressions" was thought to have appeared due to
the "!", when in fact some other code had been committed which didn't
batch large delete by id queries. This caused us to start looking for a
solution to a problem that didn't exist :-)

Thanks again for the quick response!

Best wishes,

Daniel

--