lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From youknow...@heroicefforts.net
Subject Solr failure results in misreplication?
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2013 05:31:56 GMT

My client has a test cluster Solr 4.6 with three instances 1, 2, and 3 hosting shards 1, 2,
and 3, respectively.  There is no replication in this cluster.  We started receiving OOME
during indexing; likely the batches were too large.  The cluster was rebooted to restore the
system.  However, upon reboot, instance 2 now shows as a replica of shard 1 and its shard2
is down with a null range.  Instance 2 is queryable shards.tolerant=true&distribute=false
and returns a different set of records than instance 1 (as would be expected during normal
operations).  Clusterstate.json is similar to the following:

mycollection:{
shard1:{
range:8000000-d554ffff,
state:active,
replicas:{
instance1....state:active...,
instance2....state:active...
}
},
shard3:{....state:active.....},
shard2:{
range:null,
state:active,
replicas:{
instance2{....state:down....}
}
},
maxShardsPerNode:1,
replicationFactor:1
}

Any ideas on how this would come to pass?  Would manually correcting the clusterstate.json
in Zk correct this situation?