lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ahmet Arslan <iori...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Change Velocity Template Directory in Solr 4.6
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2013 09:11:27 GMT
Hi Olson,

You are correct v.base_dir parameter is not used at all after SOLR-4882. "{corename}/conf/velocity"
is the only option. solr.allow.unsafe.resourceloading system property does not affect this
behavior.

Wiki needs update. (confluence does not mention v.base_dir parameter) Do you want to add your
findings to velocity wiki page?

P.S. If you don't have a wiki account anyone can create it. But to edit the wiki, your username
should be added wiki contributors group. This is achieved by sending an e-mail to solr user
mailing list.

On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 10:49 PM, O. Olson <olson_ord@yahoo.it> wrote:
Thank you iorixxx. Yes, when I run:

> java -Dsolr.allow.unsafe.resourceloading=true -jar start.jar

And I then load the root of my site, I get:

ERROR - 2013-12-11 14:36:03.434; org.apache.solr.common.SolrException;
null:java.io.IOException: Unable to find resource 'browse.vm'
    at
org.apache.solr.response.VelocityResponseWriter.getTemplate(VelocityResponseWriter.java:174)
    at
org.apache.solr.response.VelocityResponseWriter.write(VelocityResponseWriter.java:50)

<stacktrace truncated>

In the above case, in the solrconfig.xml I have set:

<str name="v.base_dir">MyVMTemplates</str>

And my velocity templates are in /corename/conf/MyVMTemplates . If you look
at the VelocityResponseWriter at
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/dev/branches/lucene_solr_4_6/solr/contrib/velocity/src/java/org/apache/solr/response/VelocityResponseWriter.java?revision=1541081&view=markup

nowhere does it use v.base_dir. So it seems that you need to name the
velocity template directory as "velocity". (I tried to set it to
"/corename/conf/velocity" and it works without any errors.)

Thank you,
O. O.