lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ahmet Arslan <iori...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Difference between textfield and strfield
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 11:44:23 GMT
Hi Manju,

Ahmet is me :) Faceting will be OK with lowercase field type. Even if it is solr.TextField.
KeywordTokenizer keeps its input as a single token. Similar behavior as string field. With
solr.TextField + KeywordTokenizer you can add further token filters. For example lowercase
filter. With string type you cannot add any token filters.

As Erick suggested, you can play with field types at Admin analysis page. It allows you to
enter sample text and displays generated tokens visually.