lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From manju16832003 <manju16832...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Difference between textfield and strfield
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 01:33:00 GMT
Hi Iori,

Thank you replying, really appreciate that.

My concern not to use *TextField* and I want to make use of *string* field.

Reason is that I have 7 fields that I want to apply case-insensitiveness and
all these fields are *facetable* fields. It would not be feasible if I
change data type from String to TextField just to apply
case-insensitiveness. However Solr document suggests that if we were to make
fields facetable, its better to use String.

Is there any way of achieving this using String itself?.

Thank you,
Manju