lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Potter <thelabd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is the right way to list top terms for a given field?
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2013 19:33:33 GMT
Hi Dave,

Have you looked at the TermsComponent?
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/TermsComponent It is easy to wire into an
existing request handler and allows you to return the top terms for a
field. Example server even includes an example request handler that
uses it:

  <searchComponent name="terms" class="solr.TermsComponent"/>

  <requestHandler name="/terms" class="solr.SearchHandler" startup="lazy">
     <lst name="defaults">
      <bool name="terms">true</bool>
      <bool name="distrib">false</bool>
    </lst>
    <arr name="components">
      <str>terms</str>
    </arr>
  </requestHandler>

Cheers,
Tim

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 10:07 AM, Dave Seltzer <dseltzer@tveyes.com> wrote:
> It's certainly seems to be faster (in my limited testing).
>
> I just don't want to base my software on the Luke scripts if they're
> prone to changing in the future.
>
> And yes, I realize there are ways to make this secure. I just wanted
> to know if it's something I should avoid doing (perhaps for reasons
> beyond my comprehension.)
>
> Thanks!
>
> -D
>
>> On Nov 27, 2013, at 11:46 AM, Stefan Matheis <matheis.stefan@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Since your users shouldn't be allowed at any time to access Solr directly, it's up
to you to implement that on the client side anyway?

>> I can't tell if there is a technical difference between the two calls you named,
but i'd guess that the second might be a more direct way to access this information (and probably
a bit faster?).